WHAT IS IT
Counselling is the practice of offering professional psychological help and providing insight into behaviour and feelings.
There are a variety of treatments used in counselling depending on the counsellor, client or issues presented. Each one has its
own theory of human psychology and development. A counsellor may prefer to use one or two types of treatment depending on the
For a detailed list of the therapies please look under Counselling Approaches.
HOW DOES IT HELP
Counselling provides a safe and regular space to talk and explore feelings and emotions and reflect on experiences. The aim is to help you manage these feelings and at best overcome them. Sometimes people feel better talking to someone they have no connections with as this helps them see things in a different light and without any influences, which will enable them to discuss thoughts they have not been able to express to others or even themselves. Although counselling is non directive or consultative you may prefer guidance and the counsellor can suggest ways this can be obtained. Life can throw many challenges and sometimes it helps to have someone provide impartial support to allow you to be more accepting of who you are and the constraints and limitations in your life.
Counselling is not a quick fix and takes a number of sessions to make a difference. The best way to make it more successful is to attend regularly and to be honest as possible. The success usually depends on how honest you are with the counsellor, the more you are able to share although difficult can enable to counsellor to prepare effectively for you. Some difficulties are much difficult to overcome due to the intensity but counselling can help you deal with this by adjusting the attitude and relationship with the difficulties by changing perspectives and finding the courage to so.
Counselling can help you have a deeper understanding of yourself and live a happier life. Benefits vary for everyone and can range
- Better wellbeing, positive growth and development.
- C Impartial support- being heard and understood without judgement.
- Deal with issues that are preventing you from moving forward.
- New ways to handle problems, leading to life transitions.
- Deal with negative feelings and have a more positive outlook on life.
- Provide coping skills to help you stay balanced.
- Increase inner strength and peace from within.
WHY CHOOSE IT?
Counselling is about helping you overcome difficult or painful issues that are affecting you. People choose counselling for a range
of reason. If you are suffering from any of the list below than counselling may be something to consider:
- Feeling low and down
- Lack of motivation or low self esteem
- Lack of support in life.
- Depression, anxiety, stress, health or anger.
- Bereavement, divorce or relationship problems.
- Past issues affecting the present or childhood issues.
- Substance misuse and alcohol misuse.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Eating disorders
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Loss of purpose or meaning in life
- Some people may need specialist support and if this is the case resources will be made available with the person’s full consent.
|Employed, Self Employed or Student over 26||Unemployed, Receiving Benefits, Low income or Students under 25|
|6 Sessions £99 inc 2 free sessions||6 Sessions £48|
|8 Sessions £150 inc 2 free sessions||8 Sessions £79|
|10 Sessions £200 inc 2 free sessions||10 Sessions £99|
|Thereafter £25 per session||
For further information or to book contact the Counselling Coordinator email@example.com